Watch Me Grow!

Monday, June 25, 2007

Mummy's Musings - A Solid Problem!

My Mini Monster is now 7 months old. I am struggling trying to get 'solids' down that trap! Below, my M.O ( Modus Operandi ) how I started this quest:

* Instead of cooking batches of foods, steaming, blending, pureeing, sieving, freezing, cube-ing etc... I very cleverly thought I would start her on jarred baby foods, do an elimination process, figure out what she liked, and cook those things. All would be wonderful from then on...

* In Mommy-Dreamland, babies open up their mouths and 'ask' for more food.. feed me, feed me they beckon you to channel that little plastic spoon towards their wide open mouths..

* Well, welcome to MY reality. With Cahaya, it is never the right time. After a good nap, wrong time, after a bath, not interested, early in the a.m, no thanks, i'd rather be in the park...

* To be fair, we started out ok. I even have photos to prove it.. mouth wide open for Carrots, Cabana Banana and Squash ( all from Healthy Times ) I thought things were going OK.. until I tried my hand at actually doing the hard work and putting some effort into making her meals.

* REJECTED. EVERYTHING REJECTED! Even my $18/- butternut squash, lovingly prepared, REJECTED!



















* Now zoom forward to current day. I am reading the Doyen of Purees books ( Annabel Karmel ) and trying all the lovely recipes.




* Nothing has been accepted with that 'feed me' look. Sometimes, on a lucky day, I can get some past those pursed lips.... I think I may be having a lot of squash in my diet over the next few days.. oh dear..



* me and my bright ideas... ( husband sniggering in the background telling the baby, "it's ok sweetheart, Daddy doesn't like Mummys' cooking either! he he he )

*I'm NOT a happy camper!

No comments:

CHECK OUT MY NEW BLOG!

This blog has come to an end at the end of 2007... pls visit my 2008 blog at http://cahayarainthomas08.blogspot.com/ ( be sure to mark it under your favourites! )

DEAR FOLKS, THE YEAR HAS COME TO AN END AND SO HAS THIS BLOG.
PLEASE VISIT ME AT MY NEW BLOG FOR 2009. THE ADDRESS IS:
http://www.cahayarainthomas09.blogspot.com
LOVE ALL MY FANS!!