Watch Me Grow!

Saturday, April 28, 2007

Mum's Musings - Travel Bottle Quandry



Why did I not receive my manual along with the service record and money back guarantee when I left the hospital? Wow.. Imagine if there really were a manual that we Mums could refer to when everything that can go wrong does?

I have been agonising for ages about how I am going to feed CR on a flight. For the uninitiated, my child drinks her milk as she pleases, often once every one hour! That would mean i'd need at least 7 bottles from Singapore to Sydney, and that is not inclusive of the bottles i'd need from home to KLIA ( 70km mind you!! ), KL to Singapore, and the transit time!!

I finally discovered what I though would be the answer to all my woes. The AVENT DISPOSABLE BOTTLE. This is a contraption whereby you insert a pre-sterilised plastic sheath, and put on a pre-sterilised teat. This would mean although I would have to carry about 12 teats, I only need carry one bottle!

It was not meant to be. AVENT has taken it off the market. But as fate would have it, I found one at the IBU Family Jumble Sale for all of RM12/-. Wow I was over the moon. My prayers had been answered. ( God knew I was one step short of shoplifting the display set in the AVENT store out of desperation! )

My joy has been short lived.

Round One: bought No.3 teats for 3 months and above. REJECTED. TOO FAST FLOW FOR CR.
Round Two: bought No.2 teats for 1 month and above. ASSUMED. STUPIDLY assumed they would be OK. REJECTED. STILL, FLOW TOO FAST.
Round Three: bought No.1 teats. FOR NEWBORNS. Last chance. No other option. No other teats fit this specific bottle. REJECTED. STILL TOO FAST. AND TOO FIRM.

The girl at AVENT knows my name. She called me NUTS.

I have one day before I leave on our big trip and I have this problem. I am going to only use this bottle ALL DAY TOMORROW in hopes CR gets the hint that this is it, like it or not. ( poor girl )

This is the ONE time I wish I had not stopped breastfeeding! Have boobs will travel!

Where is this in the OWNERS' MANUAL? Helllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllp!!!!!!

No comments:

CHECK OUT MY NEW BLOG!

This blog has come to an end at the end of 2007... pls visit my 2008 blog at http://cahayarainthomas08.blogspot.com/ ( be sure to mark it under your favourites! )

DEAR FOLKS, THE YEAR HAS COME TO AN END AND SO HAS THIS BLOG.
PLEASE VISIT ME AT MY NEW BLOG FOR 2009. THE ADDRESS IS:
http://www.cahayarainthomas09.blogspot.com
LOVE ALL MY FANS!!